Headmaster's Personal Assistant
Oswestry School is an independent, co-educational day & boarding school, with a 11-18 senior school of c.340 pupils and a 4-11 junior school (Bellan House) of c.120 pupils.
The strong ethos of the school is reflected in its fabulous pastoral care and sense of community. The School recently underwent inspection, with an excellent report. As well as providing a fantastic learning and living environment for young people, Oswestry School offers an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding working environment.
Applications are sought for a full-time and experienced Personal Assistant to join us in September 2017, or as soon as possible.
- Personal Assistant to the Headmaster
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Clerk to the Governors
- Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence from the Headmaster, identifying priority and taking action as appropriate
- Diary management for the Headmaster and the Headmaster’s Wife
- Ensure the smooth running of the Headmaster’s office
- Line management of the Prep School Secretary, Senior School Receptionist Senior School Common Room Secretary; overseeing the smooth running of the administration 'team’
- Develop, implement and update administrative policies
- Assist the Headmaster in the co-ordinating and administering of the academic recruitment process, in conjunction with the Senior Management Team
- Facilitate (in liaison with the Registrar) visits and interviews with the Headmaster for prospective pupils. Ensure courtesy reminders and Headmaster’s follow-ups are delivered.
- Organise and administer school showpiece and Headmaster’s events including Carol Service, Founder’s Day and Speech Day, parent and pupil gatherings
- Research and prepare reports for the purpose of briefing the Headmaster
- Attend meetings and producing minutes where required
- Carry out other reasonable duties within the responsibilities of the post and capabilities and training as required by the line manager
Qualifications & skills (Essential)
- Ability to liaise with and relate to a wide range of people, including parents, school pupils, staff and suppliers
- Proven track record of producing literature and documents to a high standard
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, planning and time management skills
- Highly organised with a methodical and forward thinking approach, with planning and time management skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work with an attention to detail
- Competent user of usual office software (word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet etc)
- Health and safety awareness
- CRB checked
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete an appication form in due course.