PermanentWednesbury, West Midlands
Benefits: Competitive Salary Package + Car Allowance, Private Medical Insurance, Excellent Company Pension Scheme and discounts.
Yodel delivers 155 million parcels a year, generating revenues in excess of £400m. We’re a big business with ambitious plans to transform and become even bigger. This is an exciting role for a newly qualified or aspiring Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
The main purpose of the role is to drive the Yodel Continuous Improvement strategy through project execution. By applying Lean Six Sigma tools and change leadership skills this role will drive Lean deployment activities and black belt projects within Sort and Transport network and support Yellow belt project delivery, where needed.In addition to rolling our Lean CI tools, the expectation is that the Black Belt will complete at least 2 projects per year and deliver in excess of £200K of annualised financial benefit. In addition the Black Belt will support the deployment of continuous improvement throughout the organisation. Stakeholder management is essential and the Black belt will need to partner with operational areas to deliver financial targets for individual sites.
What you'll be responsible for:• Roll out Lean deployment on site
• Lead at least 2 projects per annum delivering a minimum of £200K
• Replicate good practice across the business and support the deployment of lean tools and Kaizen events
• Working as part of the Process Improvement team and the Operational Change team
• Drive the broader strategy of Continual Improvement culture
• Contribute to the leadership team of Process Improvement
What you'll need to show us:
• A clear understanding on how a warehouse/production operations works and is customer focussed
• Lean trained/certified
• Six Sigma trained (preferably to Black Belt Level)
• Green belt certified
• Work study qualification (MTM)
• IT literate (Excel, Power Point, Word, Minitab)
• Preferably educated with a business, finance, engineering or scientific background
• Expert in lean tools, deployment of 5S, Kaizen, Visual management and Gemba
• Project management – focussed on delivering to deadlines
• Experienced in Lean Six Sigma project delivery
• Experience of a multi-site organisation - logistics, distribution or warehouse experience is desirable
• Training capability for Yellow Belt
If you are ambitious, open-minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story.