Clinical Commissioning Practitioner - West/East Midlands
Permanent: Full Time
Location: West/East Midlands
Purpose and summary of job:
To assist the Assessment & Admissions Teams to facilitate the continued growth of young people admissions within Cambian Specialist Services, working towards maintaining 100% occupancy across all establishments.
To provide assessments and funding agreements identifying potential young people clinical and treatment needs providing clinical judgment and recommendation of appropriate service within Cambian Group.
To increase admissions by promoting Cambian Group to the different channels that facilitate referrals – parents, solicitors, support groups.
To be actively involved with managing the prospective student/client pipeline across the schools and learning disability sites.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work closely with the Marketing and Admissions Team to raise the profile of Cambian services and to meet budget occupancy targets.
- To support parents/carers throughout the process from initial enquiry to admission.
- To support the young people assessment process by hosting parental visits and co-ordinating home /school visits.
- To undertake assessment of prospective young people and produce professional reports
- To assist with managing pipeline information and maintaining close working relationships with Broughton House to support student admissions.
- To liaise effectively with the senior management team of our Specialist Mental Health Services for children and adolescents, in order to have a clear overview of their vacancies and other needs.
- To support in internal transfers within Cambian Group and securing funding when needed
- To understand the profile of all Cambian Group establishments.
- To know vacancies and the profile of young people within the group.
- To market Cambian Group to parents, support groups, solicitors in order to increase the numbers of students referred and admitted to Cambian Group.
- To deliver training / presentations to all interested parties, in particular parent groups.
- To market Cambian Group at exhibitions by supporting on the Cambian stand and giving presentations or workshops.
- To provide data as requested for the Marketing and Admissions Team.
- To be actively involved in the development of brochures and promotional materials for Cambian Education and Learning Disability services.
- To complete an analysis of a young person’s history, identifying historical risk, current risk and mental state.
- To interview young people at the assessment stage to determine current risks, insight and future treatment needs.
- To complete a mental state examination of the patient during the assessment process.
- To monitor and evaluate current treatment and identify possible therapeutic interventions. Plan and carry out preadmission assessments of referred individuals.
- To communicate effectively with young people, carers, team members, colleagues and other agencies.
- To attend appropriate clinical/pipeline meetings.
- To work as an integrated member of the Assessment and Commissioning Team.
- To participate in discussions and decisions made regarding client’s admission care programmes.
- To ensure up to date written and electronic records and activity data are maintained in accordance with the professional and Cambian standards.
- To participate in training and structure supervision.
- To comply With the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct of your professional body and national and trust procedures.
- To review and reflect on own practice and performance through effective use of professional and operational supervision and appraisal.
- To apply acquired skills and knowledge of professional practice to develop aptitude in different areas of service provision.
- To maintain a professional portfolio for PREP, recording learning outcomes, through participation in internal and external development opportunities.
- To participate in the planning, clinical pathways and protocols within Cambian Group.
- To demonstrate understanding of national guidelines and legislation relating to health and social care provision and its impact on service provision.
- To be aware of and adopt correct procedures and departmental policies when treating patients, dealing with students and other staff.
- To establish and maintain professional relationships with clients, their relations and friends, respecting individuality and supporting and promoting clients’ rights and identities, contributing to the provision of a service sensitive to diverse cultural and religious needs.
- To maintain statistical data as required.
- To evaluate and monitor assessment and treatment methods and keep a breast of new developments.
The successful applicant would be home based and all equipment required would be provided including a second telephone line for broadband access.
- Mental Health Nurse/ Learning Disability Nurse/ Social Worker
- Experience of working in the area of mental health
- Minimum of 3 years management experience within a mental health setting
- A proven track record of working alongside parents within a residential provision.
- The ability to or ability to be trained to have experience and skills in development of presentations for a wide range of audience.
- To have good IT skills, be self motivated and organised.
- Excellent inter personal skills, with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- The ability to work independently, be assertive and have good negotiation skills.
- The ability to manage your own caseload with appropriate supervision.
- The ability to travel, including overnight stays.