Role: Project Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager for our client's business based in Wolverhampton, required to effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of allocated Projects within agreed budgets, on programme and to the customer's satisfaction.
- Rigorously applying the Project Department procedures
- Determining overall requirements in terms of project strategy, scope, budget, time, resource and technical content
- Establishing and maintaining accurate cost control techniques for direct comparison to allocated budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining accurate progress control techniques for direct comparison to programme requirements.
- Using established techniques for identifying potential project risks and applying corresponding risk mitigation measures.
- Working within and maintaining records for all work to satisfy company standards and procedures and national quality and legal requirements.
- Ensuring that the change control system is rigorously applied.
- Applying commercial awareness expertise to support customer scope discussion including potential claims to customer.
- Understanding the nature of contract variations and negotiating variation implications through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Influencing customers to source and support business winning opportunities.
- Co-ordinating project management activities via effective management of the respective team members.
- Complying with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and company standards.
- 3 years experience in managing complex multi-disciplinary engineering projects of up to £2m within Nuclear, petrochemical, transport, aerospace or similar industries
- Fully aware of the project lifecycle
- General understanding of project management aspects, principles and processes
- Sound IT skills, particularly project reporting and writing skills
- Good spoken and written English is essential
- Comfortable managing a team
- MS Office Conversant
- 5 or more years experience within specialist engineering companies for the Nuclear, petrochemical, transport, aerospace or similar industries
- Clear understanding of the capabilities of Primavera Project Planning software
- Associate or higher Membership of the APM
- APM Introductory Certificate or APMP Qualification
- Graduate level Degree in an engineering or equivalent degree
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75244921