About Our Client
A leading automotive client are looking for a Finance Controller to work within their existing team, serving a luxury car manufacturer in a JIT environment. This is a logistics operation shipping parts internationally.
The plant controller is responsible for the financial reporting and controlling:
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly & quarterly financial reporting packs (Regional – Corporate – US GAAP), including detailed analysis of sales, hourly labor and other meaningful variances, including but not limited to efficiency tracking of hourly employees;
- Balance sheet review and support/preparation of annual statutory accounts;
- Compliance with Corporate and US GAAP requirements;
- Support Business Development departments with account management requirements, and supporting business growth;
- Be a key member of the launch team and provide the launch team with all financial data with regard to capex and launch expenditure, be a key member of setting up the billing solutions;
- Be the lead of the preparation of Annual Budget and Quarterly Latest View (LV) files in conjunction with the local operations team. Upload budgets and LV’s into Company interactive Excel consolidation software;
- Preparation of customer requested Quarterly forecast in conjunction with the local operations team;
- Preparation of weekly P&L flash reports and KPI development. Ensure accurate update in a timely manner prior to review call and investigation & discussion of variances;
- Be the lead in weekly invoicing the customer and ensure all billing requirements are accurate and complete, including follow up on payments;
- Add value to the business by provision of metrics to measure daily performance and add decision making & efficiency in the Operation;
- Data Analysis to understand business profile changes and effects on Revenue & EBITDA.
The Successful Applicant
- ACCA / CIMA Qualified
- 2 – 3 years’ work experience as a plant controller/finance manager, preferable in a multinational logistics organization
- Self-starter: Able to develop complex models and analyze data on an independent basis after initial training and introduction
- Teamwork: person will often be part of multi-functional teams and should be able to motivate or convince others without having a reporting relationship to them
- Solid understanding of financial analysis, theory and accounting
- Solid modelling skills in MS Excel and MS Access (experience with other forecasting tools would be a plus)
- Experience with SAP and/or BPC is considered a plus
- Be a key contact in the annual and interim financial audits
- Implement corporate policies and ensure SOX compliance
What’s on Offer
In return the company offer endless opportunities for progression and further training within the business. Paying £35-40k per annum.
Apply for This Job
If you feel this job opportunity is the right one for you- Please use the apply link!
We will review your application as soon as possible and contact you if you are successful
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75300482