Staffline are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to work with our automotive client in Redditch.
- Follow established work methods and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of equipment and the plant.
- Proactively work to solve equipment issues using effective fault diagnosis skills and implement immediate containment, together with longer term innovative solutions.
- Ensure all documentation is completed as required and liaise with and members of the AMT and Maintenance Team in order to communicate relevant information.
- Follow routine and preventative maintenance programmes and undertake appropriate preventative maintenance checks during planned production downtime to ensure that the equipment and machinery are available for production.
- Liaise with and supervise external contractors whilst on site in order to ensure all relevant corporate policies are adhered to.
- Maintain, document and order critical and consumable spares consignments.
- Carry out overhauls, upgrades and rebuild equipment, including machine and process modifications where appropriate, to ensure continuous improvement.
- Undertake the commissioning and Installation of new equipment as required to support new production or the improvement of current processes
- Maintain current and historical data on equipment efficiencies in order to aid in productivity and cost improvements.
- Carry out evaluation and risk assessments within all areas of the plant in order to ensure safe working methods and environment.
- Raise concerns/issues regarding all aspects of seat production with the appropriate personnel to ensure quality is maintained and downtime kept to a minimum.
- Undertake any training as necessary to ensure flexible job rotation and skills matrices are maintained in order to promote future development.
- Continually work as a Team Member to continually maintain and improve the team work philosophy within Lear Corporation.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in pneumatics and conveyor control systems
- Electrical Installation
- Flexible to rotate shifts.
- Good problem solving skills
- Qualified to 17th Edition Regulations
- Tech certificate in Engineering
- NVQ Level 2
- Experience in similar role
- Accredited time served apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be working 39 hours a week and must be flexible with shifts. The pay rate will be £19.50 to £21.00 per hour.
If you feel that you could be a success in this role then please apply now.