The Security Institute is the UK’s largest membership organisation for security professionals. Members of our association are wide-ranging from those just starting out on their career in security, through to business owners and corporate heads of security based across the UK and overseas. Due to the success of the Institute, our membership has grown considerably. We have a committed voluntary Board of Directors, with a small administration team to offer support from the Head Office based at Caldecote, Nuneaton supported by a further office in Devon. We wish to recruit an experienced Communications Administrator to join our team based in Caldecote. The successful candidate will be a proven self-starter, well organised with strong team ethics. Personable and presentable, the candidate should be confident in social settings, in order to support the Institute in hosting and networking at exhibitions and conferences which may include occasional nights away from home. The role will require excellent administrative capabilities with strengths in literacy, IT skills, Microsoft Office and Desktop Publishing. Previous experience of clerical work within a membership organisation and small team administration is advantageous. Professionalism and integrity of all staff is of the highest importance.
Communications & Marketing
• Source content, write & circulate weekly email to the membership (eNews).
• Maintain Social Media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
• Manage distribution lists within all communication platforms.
• Circulate sensitive security briefings as a priority dependant on the nature of the message and maintain a library of historic briefings.
• Proof-read other communications as required.
• Update the website, adding new pages and writing content and removing old content.
• Assist members with uploading CV's and job advertisements.
• Identifying and initiating marketing leads.
• Follow up with existing leads (potential members) and assist Membership Manager to maintain Leads database.
• Liaison with trade publications.
• Assist members with access to the website.
• Assist the Development Manager with all membership engagement activity.
• Administer the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) scheme.
• Attend events and exhibitions on behalf of the Security Institute.
• Provide admin support for all events.
• Write webpage content for events and other membership activity.
• Answer all incoming calls with a polite and professional telephone manner.
• Deal with all membership enquiries either by email or telephone in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Ensure both the incoming and outgoing post is dealt with the same day.
• Greet all visitors in a friendly and polite manner.
• Ensure the office is kept fully equipped with stationery and office essentials.
• Ensure the back-up tapes are changed at the end of each working day.
• Shred confidential papers when required.
• Attention to detail
• Excellent literacy skills
• Excellent PC / Social Media skills
• Reliable and Trustworthy
• Customer focused