Location: Hockley, Birmingham
Salary: £15k - £17k DOE
Working Hours: 40 hours between 08.30am - 18.00pm, Mon - Fri
Cleone Foods Ltd is a major player in the dynamic World Food category specifically our brand Island Delight is a market leader in the Caribbean chilled foods sector.
Summary of Position:
To be partly responsible for the overall day to day running of the office, working closely with the other Accounts Administrator, the Accounts Manager and the rest of the Accounts Team. The summaries of duties are essentially Sales and Purchasing ledgers, using sage, all sales order processing, invoicing, credit control and administration of the major accounts through the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
The Accounts Administrator must have some experience of working in a busy accounts department. It would be beneficial if they had some experience of using Sage 50 at a business level and of Sales and Purchase ledger.
They need to have a flexible and disciplined approach to work, be committed to the development of the business and have the confidence to take charge and make sensible, responsible decisions as and when needed.
They must have the ability to work on his/her own initiative and work as part of a team to achieve the business objectives.
The Accounts Administrator must have Excel spreadsheet skills and, if possible, experience of using Sales Order Processing.
• Allocate all payments to ledger via cheques, BACS and cash
• Post all debtors invoices to the ledger
• Work closely with Financial Controller, cover his duties where possible.
• Check and process Accounts Administrator 's invoices from delivery or Proof of Delivery notes, amend if necessary
• Send invoices to customers via the EDI or through the post
• Produce credit notes as required
• Liaise with customers regarding invoice queries
• Reconcile sent invoices against statements and amend as required
• Process all Debit Notes and post to ledger when necessary
• Produce weekly and monthly report, eg. sales report
3. Credit Control - Accounts Administrator
• Monitor customer’s accounts and chase overdue payments as required
• Send out statements as required
• Liaise with customers accounts department and provide information as required
• Chase all missing deliveries and claim as necessary.
• Produce and monthly report, eg. Customer price analysis
4. Purchase Order Processing - Accounts Administrator
• Input orders
• Update order status on P.O.P. within Sage
• Input and post invoices to ledger after authorisation
• Match and batch invoices to purchase orders
• Monitor Invoices placed "On Hold"
• Oversee all processing and keep up to date.
5. General - Accounts Administrator
• Cover all aspects of Sales Order Processing and other Administration Assistant duties as required
• Set-up and amend customer information on Sage as required
• General office duties and filing of delivery documentation
• Assist in providing information for Management Plans
• Produce monthly reports as required
• Liaise with Company Staff as necessary
• Have adequate knowledge of Health & Safety, Hygiene Rules
• Carry out other duties as required.
Skills & Experience
• A previous accounts background is advantageous
• Experience of Excel and SAGE systems would be desirable
• Highly motivated and commercially minded with attention to detail
• Proactive approach to managing work priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and use initiative
• Need to work independently but also be comfortable to work within a team
Strictly no agencies