Project Manager (Internet of Things-Intelligent Buildings)
Purpose / Role
The Intelligent Buildings department sits within the Corporate Division and is responsible for developing the company’s intelligent buildings offering to its clients, looking for ways in which 'smart building’ technology can achieve maximum efficiency for clients for their utility consumption. This role is directly responsible for technical implementation and commissioning of all projects and services offered by the Intelligent Buildings department.
- Take full commercial and technical ownership of allocated projects from receipt of order and handover to contract close.
- Be the single point of project management contact for the customer, including site attendance or manage an external contracted manager.
- Develop and manage the project programme.
- Update project forecast each month in line with finance department requirements.
- Provide full technical management of the project - directly or facilitated through the technical team.
- Provide full commercial management of the project.
- Manage the site activities.
- Provide Safety and Quality requirements for the project including Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Support to the bid process, as required by the Commercial Department, providing input on project timescales.
- Developing and maintaining key customer relationships.
- Support to other members of the Operational Team and other areas of the business as needs dictate.
- Work to existing procedures and assist in setting and establishing new operating procedures.
- Ensure that any new opportunities uncovered are actioned as appropriate and directed to the Commercial Department to increase orders
- Handover and demonstrate the completed system to customer/ consultant.
- Ensure applicable local and industry codes and standards are implemented in our daily activities.
Electrical Engineering HNC or similar
Any relevant controls qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in a controls/monitoring industry, preferably gained in the same or an aligned technology based business, for example controls, Building Management Services (BMS) or Lighting.
- Demonstrable experience of engineering knowledge in this sector and completion of similar scope projects.
- Experience in previous project management role handling projects exceeding £100k.
- Experience in the utility management sector is desirable.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
- A passion for understanding client needs and delivering a solution based service.
- A problem solver, being able to efficiently rectify issues and find solutions for developing events.
- A natural innovator and organiser, ensuring the UTW vision and values are communicated and adhered to.
- Drive, ambition and commitment to strengthen the organisations overall capability.
- The ability to positively motivate and engage with colleagues and clients at all levels to achieve tangible outcomes.
- Pride, passion and energy.
- The ability to build and manage complex relationships.
- Good communication skills.
Competencies - office project / department specific/technical (if required)
Additional comments - location/travel/international travel
- Proof of eligibility to work within the UK.
- References to cover last 5 years employment.
- Happy to travel as required to other offices in the UTW organisation and client locations.