Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Company Fusion Limited are working with a group of consulting engineers who provide a full range of services through their specialist Chartered & Incorporated Consulting Engineers, Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geo-environmental Engineers, and Transport Engineers. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their busy office in Leamington Spa.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Standard company benefits, along with Pension and Discretionary bonus scheme
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The post holder would be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geo-environmental assessments and design, from desk study through to construction.
- This would include assisting with all elements of geotechnical design/construction issues, providing technical input within that field as part of a multi-disciplinary team, or working separately on particular aspects of geotechnical design/construction, providing advice to the civils team & clients.
- There would also be the need to assist with bids with technical and other input.
- A key role would be to identify and develop markets for geo services, both internal and external, using the northern offices as a springboard.
- Negotiations with local authorities and agencies
- Supervision of remedial works
- Validation work and associated reporting
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates should ideally have a first degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology, although other disciplines combined with suitable experience may also be acceptable. A Masters in Foundation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Soil Mechanics would be an advantage.
- You will be or shortly aiming to become a Chartered Engineer with the ICE or a Chartered Geologist with the Geological Society
- Able to prepare Desk Study reports and Mining Risk Assessments.
- Design and supervision of ground investigations, organising fieldwork, direction of sub-contractors.
- Familiarity with all ground investigation techniques.
- Logging of soils/rocks to BS5930 / EC7.
- Use of geotechnical databases, such as HoleBASE.
- Use of slope stability applications, such as SLIDE or SLOPE/W.
- Interpretative reporting, including bearing capacity, settlement, pavement design, and foundations.
- Experience of working with other disciplines (civil, structural, environmental).
- Appreciation of financials aspects of projects, ability to prepare fee proposals, and able to support others in fee bids.
- In addition the following would be highly desirable:
- Design of piles, soil nails, ground anchors, retaining walls, slope stabilisation, dewatering, reinforced soil, surcharge schemes, etc.
- An awareness of appropriate remedial strategies and options including process-based methods.
- Familiar with Phase 1 and 2 assessments.
- Understanding of the Source-Pathway-Receptor methodology.
- Familiarity with analytical software such as EA R&D 20, RBCA, CLEA to derive site specific thresholds and clean-up criteria.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75307565