Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) Required - Oswestry (Shropshire)
New Directions are currently recruiting for NQTs to join our successful team of Supply Teachers.
We appreciate that a lot of NQTs will be busy applying for jobs from September. However, should you not be successful in securing a position for this coming year, working with New Directions is an excellent way to get introduced to schools in the area with a view to securing a full time permanent role. It is important to register during the next couple of weeks so that we are able to get references etc ready for September before the schools shut for the summer.
We are very busy at the moment and have positions to cover day to day sickness, as well as long term contracts and temp-perm roles. Once you are registered, we will be able to put you forward for those roles if that is what you are looking for. We also work with staff who are looking for part time work, mornings only or just the odd day here and there. We are very flexible and work around your availability to get the hours to suit your needs.
Access to your own vehicle is preferable for the schools not accessible by public transport but we do also work with schools with good transport links. If you are graduating later in the year, we can look for HLTA or TA work in the meantime whilst we await your qualification.Additional Information
Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) looking for a teaching job?
New Directions Education is a prominent education supply teaching agency with nine offices across the UK. We recruit newly qualified teachers (NQTs) for short and long-term teaching vacancies.
If you are looking for a teaching job in a primary school, trying to find a vacancy as a local secondary teacher or eager to work in special educational needs (SEN), then New Directions would like to hear from you.NQT Job Role
As you are now entering the world of teaching, there will be days when you have wondered what you have let yourself in for but during a recent session with NQTs, ex-Head Teacher and Business Development Officer for New Directions, Bob Meier, told the assembled group of graduates that "despite the hard days, teaching is the most rewarding career choice you can make". He also outlined the importance of making sure that your application forms, when applying for permanent post, are of the highest quality.Typical duties of an NQT include:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy