Job Title: Transport Planner
Hours: Monday-Friday – hours between 6am and 10pm
- You will be a dedicated transport planner
- Experience of working within a transport office is essential
- Good working knowledge of Drivers Hours, tacho-graph and WTD legislation
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- A National CPC would be beneficial but is by no means essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Most have experience of working with some form of transport planning software, e.g. Paragon, Roadrunner, GTS
- Ambitious and keen to progress their career
- Resilience with an ability to keep calm under pressure and continue to follow the correct processes even under difficult circumstances
- Ability to question, challenge and improve upon existing processes
To arrange the delivery of the customers’ products on time and in full using the most cost effective means possible and best use of available resources, whilst complying with Transport Legislation and Health & Safety.
Maximising the utilisation of the fleet through efficient planning of deliveries and collections as well as maximize utilisation of drivers in line with current driver’s hours and WTD legislation.
- Plan all relevant customer deliveries utilising the software available at site to ensure delivery windows are met.
- Plan vehicles as close to maximum capacity and time parameters as possible therefore ensuring full efficiency of the vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle earnings are greater than vehicle costs to achieve a healthy margin.
- Have a good commercial / financial awareness
- Ensure loads meet safety standards.
- Communicate routes to and liaise with other Depots / Sites.
- Source and plan backloads to avoid vehicle empty running
- Work within a team of planners and administration staff.
- Fully understand agreed KPI’s for Department.
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast paced environment
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, the company handbook, Quality standards and all other company policies and procedures.
Established over 150 years ago, our client is a large warehousing and distribution company based in Derby. Currently undergoing an extended period of growth they are currently looking to add to their transport planning team. Offering good opportunities for future career progression this business is a great place to further your career with transport planning.