Senior Programme Manager
Futura Design Ltd - An Automotive Recruitment and Design Agency, based in the heart of the West Midlands.
We have had a fantastic opportunity become available for a Senior Programme Buyer based in Gaydon on an initial 52 week contract.
Location: Gaydon, UK
Salary / Hourly Rate: £23 - 27 per hour
Type of Contract: Contract
This role requires stakeholder engagement at many levels within the company and with external suppliers. The role will be responsible for organising a number of high value commodities, with impact across several key functions of the business. A varied skill set is required due to the specialty of the commodities being purchased. The role requires a high level of interaction internally, as well as a continual flow of high level communication with the supply base and overseas Factories. The successful candidate will be responsible for enabling the purchase and supply chain of global production for specified projects through negotiated costs with suppliers and deliver class leading value to the business. The role is to manage the purchasing aspects of the vehicle launch. The programme buyer works closely with the programme team to ensure that the purchasing deliverable are met.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities;
- Lead daily meetings with the customer to provide update on project progress.
- Lead discussions with different areas of the company to define requirement and gather information relevant to project.
- Coordinate with the team to raise orders to suppliers in line with the demand from customer.
- Work with part manufacturers and take appropriate action to resolve any issues which may arise.
- Engage the relevant service providers and ensure that they meet the requirements set, where needed, engage the home-line / lead plant and reach agreement on supply of parts.
- Own and update all project documents and issue reports to seniors based on set key performance indicators.
The Candidate must have the relevant skills to be successful in the role ;
- Strong project management, business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- IT skills, excel, word, Power point
- Experience in purchasing and/or programme purchasing
Must be an EU Citizen to apply