We are currently recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer for a Global Tier 1 Automotive supplier. With a strong presence in the West Midlands, this site is responsible for providing complex assemblies through a 24-7 operation. Through a hugely successful 2015, the business has acquired a number of contracts for new launches that will see their volumes increase significantly over the next 12 months, resulting in the need for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The business has a global presence in the automotive field with strong presence particularly across Europe and America. Within the UK the business has a number of sites catering to a host of OEMs, all with different demands and expectations. In the West Midlands the business has been established with a substantial heritage and is now experiencing a strong period of growth, resulting in the current position for a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Developing and improving manufacturing processes alongside quality control measures in order to maximise both qualitative and quantitative output from the plant
- Responsible for helping create and design standard operating procedures for manufacturing personnel including all necessary attention to drawing requirements and specifications.
- Identify crucial areas for process improvements and assimilate action teams to implement changes
- Responsible for line support, overcoming any technical issues relating to that area
- Ensure that all safe working practices are fully known to the team and documented
- Liaison with suppliers to ensure that their processes meet required standards and that their services are operating at maximum efficiency with regards to quality.
- Ensuring that all safe working practices are operational and documented thoroughly, encompassing PFMEA's, training/development and Risk Assessments.
- NPI from process perspective, including great depth of involvement with PLM to ensure that processes are sustainable.
- CNC Machining or Assembly background essential, ideally bearing from automotive
- Degree in engineering related field preferable
- Background in manufacturing engineering
- Supervisory capabilities suitable for leading two manufacturing engineers
- Excellent problem solving skills, including 5why's, 8D and DMAIC
- Superb communication skills with ability to build relationships with many different internal business functions
Salary from £35,000 - £40,000 DOE + package