F2F Fundraising Manager
Are you an experienced F2F fundraising or campaign manager? Looking for a role with national responsibility across multiple charity campaigns? We're looking for an experienced F2F fundraising manager to lead change and to drive growth in our business, and importantly increase income for the charity clients we represent.
The Professional Fundraiser is a leading and national fundraising agency working with large charity clients, providing face-to-face fundraising services at retail, promotional venues, exhibitions and events, across the UK including Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
With growing campaigns and an increase in charitable income and turnover in response to growth in our client base, the company is following a strategy of expansion and is looking to employ a person for the newly created role of Fundraising Manager, who will take a lead in running the day to day business and be fundamental in the execution and success of the company’s fundraising strategy and future growth.
This role would require the successful candidate to lead and manage our fundraising team, including the recruitment, performance management and professional development of our fundraisers. The company has a small team, but unusual for the sector a stable team of fundraisers with over 80% having worked with us for the past 12 months and many for the last few years since our commencement in February of 2012.
Together with sole responsibility for managing, coaching and developing the current team; this role will also include responsibility for growing our fundraising base to ensure a stable team of 30-40 fundraisers within the next 12 to 18 months, and with it the appointment of a Regional or Deputy Fundraising Manager to support. In growing our team the Fundraising Manager will be confident and able to undertake all aspects of fundraiser recruitment, and be competent to continuously improve our fundraiser induction process and training framework, and be familiar and knowledgeable on all aspects of fundraising regulation and compliance.
The successful candidate will work closely and in partnership with the company’s Operations Manager, to ensure the appropriate scheduling and assignment of fundraisers to suitable and effective fundraising venues, although the sourcing and management of fundraising venues will not form a primary part of this position. You will reporting immediately to and liaise closing with the company’s Managing Director on key issues. This role would also entail duty management, with out of hours contact.
The role will involve regular travel throughout the UK, with up to four days per week spent remotely with our fundraisers, or undertaking fundraiser recruitment, with a regular presence at our Hertfordshire office one day each week. Meetings and communication with our charity clients will also form a part of this position.
- Responsibility for fundraising income generation nationwide;
- Sole responsibility for the recruitment, retention and training of fundraising staff;
- Monitor fundraiser performance to ensure achievement of key targets and profitability;
- Team management and the nurture of a productive and engaged fundraising team;
- Complaint handling and performance management, including mystery shopper feedback;
- Adherence to all fundraising regulation and compliance;
- Field testing and delivery of Virtual Reality and experiential fundraising;
- Liaison and reporting with the senior team, other company personnel and charity clients.
The company is seeking a driven, energetic and career orientated individual, who displays confidence and seeks to lead an organisation, able to play both a hands-on and strategic role.
- A capable and confident individual with entrepreneurial spirit;
- An experienced manager with exceptional people skills;
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of face-to-face fundraising techniques, the external environment and market trends;
- Demonstrable experience of successful F2F supporter acquisition at management level, along with a proven track record of high performance in personal fundraising;
- Experience in recruiting and retaining a high performing team, demonstrating the ability to drive forward a team to achieve, sustain and exceed targets through coaching and mentoring;
- Demonstrable experience in training F2F fundraisers;
- Friendly with a good sense of humour and a polite, professional manner;
- Adaptable approach to work;
- Physically capable to undertake manual work as and when required;
- An innovative and exploratory approach;
- Not work-shy - Hard working with a 'can-do’ attitude and the attribute to simply 'get stuck in’;
- Ability and willingness to travel, including a full and valid driving licence.
Salary and Benefits:
- Basic £36,000 + car allowance + bonus (Realistic 1st year annual earnings of £50,000);
- Second year annual earning potential of £60,000 dependant on performance and business growth;
- Potential for future progression to role of General Manager/Head of Fundraising Operations;
- Personable and friendly company with a dedicated and hardworking team;
- Pension contribution;
- 30 days annual holiday entitlement (including bank holidays) increasing to 38 days upon length of service;
- Birthday off paid.
The role is predominately to be worked remotely and as such the job holder may reside in any part of the UK, however it would be of greater convenience to have good road access to most main cities in England, and within a two hour commute of Manchester, London, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge and our Central Administration Office based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.
This is a permanent position and a full time role. Days of work will vary depending on the needs of the business, and will require frequent Saturday/weekend work.
The successful candidate will be required to work the hours necessary to complete the role to the required ability.