Sales Office Administrator
Our client is a well established successful business that distribute decorative surfacing materials. They are offering an exciting opportunity to work in a very busy and demanding sales office. You must be experienced in multi-tasking and taking high volume calls.
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am - 5.30pm with one hour for lunch
Salary: Upto £16k basic plus £1,500 bonus per annum.
- Responsible for taking orders, enquiries & general queries over the telephone or by fax/email.
- To ensure that telephone calls are answered quickly within 3 rings.
- To offer our customers an excellent level of service by dealing with them efficiently & quickly, calling them back when we say we are going to and making sure they are happy with as a supplier.
- Part of this role would involve sourcing material from other competitors as well as our normal suppliers in order to offer an excellent customer service.
- To contact our Area Sales Managers with relevant information about their customers - whether it be orders, enquiries, complaints etc. to keep them up-to-date.
- To email any large enquiries or orders to the relevant ASM’s so that they are fully aware of developments in their areas.
- To provide back up for the outside sales team via our CRM system - inputting call reports, sending out samples etc.
- It is also necessary to liaise with our Accounts, Transport and Warehouse departments to ensure customers receive their orders correctly and on time.
- To perform specific admin roles within the office, as instructed by the line manager - such as filing, sorting through enquiries, quoting customers, updating samples, mailshots etc.
- For those members of staff who want to, they can be involved with proactive calling to potentially new customers and customers who haven’t dealt with us for a while or ringing customers to chase enquiries.
- All sales staff are responsible for maintaining excellent working knowledge of the Navision system and company procedures and processes.
- A conscientious, flexible 'can do’ working style
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments
- Confidence to deal with difficult situations and to know when appropriate to seek guidance from your Line Manager
- Good organisational skills, ability to prioritise work effectively within a sometimes pressurised environment whilst maintaining compliance to company policies and procedures
- Good administration, accuracy and attention to detail skills