Government Affairs Manager
Futura Design Ltd - An Automotive Recruitment and Design Agency, based in the heart of the West Midlands.
We have had a fantastic opportunity become available for a Corporate Affairs Manager based in Whitley on an initial 31 week contract.
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Salary / Hourly Rate: £25 - 29 per hour
Type of Contract: Contract
The decisions of governments and regulators can have a huge impact on our business, its value and ability to do business. The role of the Government Affairs Manager is to understand the economics, structures and processes and how these impact the business as well as drive this understanding into business activities in collaboration with the business function. GA works to build internal and external advocates for the business to secure outcomes that create a positive trading environment for our business, educating and influencing the policymakers about our business, company purpose and values as well as overall contribution to local communities and UK plc.
The Candidate must have the relevant skills to be successful in the role;
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communications skills.
- Detailed understanding of the business.
- Creative thinker and problem solver, with willingness to question and challenge.
- Evidenced approach, able to persuade internal/external audiences of the merits of our approach/asks.
- Ability to analyse complex technical information and translate into simple and easy to understand messages for lay audiences.
- Research ability to create strong evidence in support of asks of government reports, statistics, data, case studies.
- Ability to work collaboratively and on own initiative.
- Understanding of and interest in government and current affairs.
- Project management experience including, including written materials and presentations.
- Exposure to regulatory/policy frameworks within the business.
- Experience of event planning.
- Manage key business portfolios within the team, collaborating with key stakeholders internally and externally to identify and leverage shared goals.
- Draft engagement strategies, create stakeholder maps, plans, briefing notes, articles, letters, presentations and digital content as appropriate to support business objectives.
- Create evidence to support approach, including written submissions, research, statistics, case studies.
- Evaluate results against clear objectives.
- Anticipate and manage crises in own areas, working with business and Head of UKGA.
- Feed into team planning - key issues document, timeline and grid and CRM to track activity, engagement and outcomes.
- Work actively with trade bodies SMMT/CBI/EEF to influence and agree sector positions in support of company priorities.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to educate and engage the business to open up opportunities and create content to support campaigns.
- Support visits and events planning and delivery for key external stakeholders as necessary.
- Work flexibly across wider PR `one team to lead/support shared projects in mission teams.
- Ensure the company receives maximum benefit and VFM from its membership of SMMT, CBI, EEF and other bodies, by tracking activity and achievements.
- Coach senior colleagues to engage effectively on key issues
Must be an EU Citizen to apply