Director of Attendance - Broadway Academy
Broadway Academy, Birmingham
Director of Attendance
Grade 3, £19,430 pro rata - term time only plus 2 weeks
Fixed term contract for one year
In order to further raise achievement, we are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner to join our successful team.
* Broadway Academy moved into a £21 million new building in 2011.
* We were for 2 years running 'in the top 100 most improved schools for sustained improvement in the country' - Nick Gibb.
* '[Leaders] have high expectations of, and aspirations for, pupils and staff' OFSTED 2016.
* 'Pupils' achievement …….including in the sixth form, is strong' OFSTED 2016.
* '….ICT across the curriculum was judged to be outstanding....' OFSTED 2012.
* We believe in the potential of every student and we are on an exciting journey to 'World Class'.
* Investor in People accreditation and a commitment to both staff and student wellbeing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and inspirational Director of Attendance with proven organisational and pastoral skills.
* This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and driven individual. The successful applicant will report directly to the Senior Leadership Team and join a strong team who put students first.
* You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students.
* The purpose of this post is to fulfil our responsibility in the improvement of attendance and enhance the life chances of our students at Broadway Academy.
* The successful candidate will line manage an Attendance Officer and have overall responsibility for ensuring attendance targets are met for the Academy.
* You must possess excellent communication skills and good time management, an ability to multitask and be able to work to tight deadlines. The role will necessitate accuracy, attention to detail and excellent organisational skills. Candidates must have experience of working within an attendance role in a school environment, with an emphasis on dealing with persistent absentees.
* The role will involve enforcement of penalty notices and you will require an excellent knowledge of the law in this area and be able to adhere to the Academy's policies and procedures.
For further details and application pack, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on:
T: 0121 236 4476
M: 07921 583 731
Closing date: Monday 14 August 2017
Please also see our dedicated recruitrment site:
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75247626