An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Lift Engineer to join a well-established lifts company that is expanding its’ operations in the South East of England. The Lift Engineer will carry out all aspects of lift repair / modernisation work that includes completing small lift refurbishment type projects to the installation of new controllers, door operators and hydraulic equipment of lifts in the commercial and industrial sectors. The Lift Engineer will preferably be based in the Greater London area for ease of travel to all customer sites.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position.
The role will involve:
- Making routine checks on gears, motors, overload detection devices, brakes, doors and locks.
- Making minor repairs or isolating problems until a service can be carried out.
- Installing and fitting out lifts, lifting gear and lift wells.
- Refurbishing or replacing lift interiors, flooring, panel displays, communication systems, buttons and lighting.
- Updating work records and producing reports via PDA.
- Fault diagnosis.
- Analysing breakdown trends to identify recurring defects in equipment.
- Dealing with technical queries.
- Responsible at all times for Health and Safety and in line with BS7255:2012 Code of Practice for Safe Working on Lifts.
Experience & Requirements:
- NVQ Level 3 in Lift Servicing or equivalent (Essential)
- City & Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition (Desirable)
- Full UK Driving License
- Have proven experience of working within a building services environment
- Have experience in supervising contractors and/or contract staff
- Demonstrate a keen knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and COSHH Acts/regulations as they affect service provision
- Have the ability to diagnose equipment failures and malfunctions and instruct contractors on the appropriate action required
- Be fully conversant with the maintenance requirements for all types of lift installations and equipment in general
- Excellent customer skills
- Flexible approach to duties and working hours
This role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role. Our client has developed clear and concise training and development plans and is expecting business growth in 2017 and beyond.
Salary:Up to £38,500 (DOE) + overtime and benefits
* Company Vehicle
* Mobile Phone
* Overtime (paid time and a half after 6pm onwards and weekends)
* 21 days’ holiday and Bank Holiday
* Pension Scheme after 3 months
* Income Protection Plan