Plant Operator - Stoke
Role: Plant Operator
Salary: £26,500 p/a
Holidays = 14 12 hour shifts + 8 bank holidays (168 hours + 96 hours for BH's)
Overtime = Mon to Sat is time and one half. Sundays and BH's paid at double.
Lieu hours - 2 hours in lieu accrued each week to cater for the reduction of the average working week.
Day shift pattern = 4 on, 4 off, 4 on etc (includes working BH's as well as Christmas day if rostered to be on shift).
Hours = 07:00a.m to 07:00p.m (days) 06:00p.m to 06:00a.m (nights)
Pension scheme - Auto enrolment, or join Ltd Pension Scheme which is a salary sacrifice scheme. The Company will pay up to a maximum of 6%.
Average working week = 42 hours
Purpose of Job:
- Control and monitor operations of the boilers and turbine to ensure the optimum generation of steam.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Report and monitor all functions associated with the operation of the plant turbine, boilers, and coordination of incoming and outgoing waste.
- To maintain a steady control of the above by measuring temperature flow, pressure readings from the turbine/boiler, control systems and gauges.
- Accurately report readings and log daily operations in the shift log for continued monitoring and shift changeovers.
- Effectively react to planned and unplanned (i.e. emergency) repairs, blockages and changes in the plant central systems.
- Promptly react to system alarms/protocols to secure areas of the plant if/as required.
- Monitoring all areas of the plant from the control room. This includes, operating the overhead crane for the systematic removal of waste, and accessing all areas of the plant (from height to ground levels) to check instruments, gauges, and to take readings and take actions as required.
- Fulfil the role of Plant Attendant if/when required. This includes, (and is not limited to) the loading and unloading of vehicles, use of the Fork Lift Truck (FLT) for the fitting and removal of Big Bags.
- Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
- Working at height and in confined spaces.
Health & Safety:-
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping on the plant at all times.
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company's Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Active involvement in fire drills and evacuation exercises.
- Reporting to the relevant levels of management any contravention of statutory and companies Safe working practices, this includes reporting accidents and incidents.
- As a minimum requirement to work towards acting as designated person within the Company's Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Highlight any necessary changes required within Plant Operating Instructions (POI's), and Risk Assessments.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments.
- The above duties are not exhaustive. The job holder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
- Understanding of operating and monitoring boiler and steam turbine plants.
- Qualifications in the use of Fork Lift Truck (FLT).
- Experience of Front Loading Shovel (FLS) vehicle also advantageous.
- A current first aid qualification would be desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.