This is an excellent opportunity for a Programme Manager to join a West Midlands based automotive manufacturer, providing immediate support with an ongoing project before moving on to recently secured contracts which will see the business grow significantly over the coming years. The incoming Project Manager will be responsible for co-ordinating the new projects in a full cradle-to-grave capacity with full budgetary responsibility for programmes.
Our client is a leading innovator in the design and manufacture of various parts, supplying as a Tier 1 directly into leading OEMs both domestically and overseas. With products typically supplied in high-volume manufacturing, the successful Programme Manager will lead the programme teams to deliver engineering and timing objectives in line with cost to deliver customer project deliverables.
- Create and develop programme timing plans to match customer requirements for high value programmes with key OEM customers
- Manage NPIs through an APQP system from development through to launch.
- Ensure correct APQP steps are followed to achieve a launch within time, cost and quality targets
- Liaise with customers to prepare the organisation for the launch of a project in line with material, equipment, processes and staffing.
- Develop project time lines against customer demands.
- Manage information for engineering changes through organisation's change systems.
- Manage content of APQP process including all customer reporting
- Assist in identifying manufacturing process changes to improve efficiencies and team potential
- Manage resources in tandem with internal business function to deliver programmes
- Control, track and report programme status through the programme life
- Build relationships with internal and external customers
- Present monthly updates including support data and problem resolution
- Feedback from significant customer meetings to provide further programme updates
- Identify business development opportunities with customers
- Maximise the commercial potential of each customer programme ensuring the business case is strong through the product-development process
- JIT Tier 1 Automotive background
- Excellent customer liaison skills
- Experience leading high-value automotive programmes including commercial and budgetary responsibility
- Target-driven and self-starting
- Natural leader, competent in building a team with hands-on approach
Programme Manager salary from £55,000 - £60,000 DOE + package