Senior Structural Engineer
Company Fusion Limited are working with a group of consulting engineers who provide a full range of services through their specialist Chartered & Incorporated Consulting Engineers, Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geo-environmental Engineers, and Transport Engineers. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join their busy office in Leamington Spa.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- 23 days per annum
- Core working hours are from 9.30am to 4.30pm. Therefore you may choose to start at 8am and leave at 4.30pm or start at 9.30am and leave at 6pm
- Life Insurance, Pension, Private Medical Insurance & Staff Discounts after probationary period.
- Opportunities to progress to senior levels within the practice.
Senior Structural Engineer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Senior Structural Engineer you will be able to take control of your own work, whilst also being confident enough to brief and supervise necessary CAD Technicians.
- You will also be expected to be able to liaise and communicate with external professionals and client, whilst being able to do complete site inspections.
- Ability to design in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
- Utilize an understanding of soil mechanics and familiarity with the Site Investigation process, with particular reference to foundation design.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Good degree in an appropriate 'built environment' discipline and working towards MICE, MIStructE or similar.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the design of UK residential/commercial/industrial/ building structures.
- The more Senior the better in this instance. Ideal Engineers will be able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in using proprietary frame analysis software such as SCIA, CADS, etc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75277505