Data Modelling Lead (VBA, R, C++, Matlab, SAS)
This is fantastic opportunity to play a lead role in developing and enhancing advanced statistical modelling capability to support the business with commercial optimisation and risk management activities.
You will provide high level analytical modelling expertise demonstrating the ability to test alternative scenarios, investigate issues and identify opportunities for improvement. Essentially you will produce insight from modelling outputs to help the business make critical business decisions and allow effective planning for potential scenarios.
As Data Modelling Lead, you will:
- Drive best practice scenario & risk modelling via an array of complex statistical and mathematical modelling techniques (e.g.; monte carlo simulation, propensity modelling, churn, logistic regression….)
- Be the expert in relevant mathematical programming technology (ideally VBA, R, Matlab or C++)
- Communicate the results of Scenario Modelling activity to various stakeholders in an inspiring, compelling and thought-provoking matter
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of available data sources across a number of domains, and to be able to articulate and define data requirements with the data team
- Identify opportunities where the use of risk based scenario modelling can benefit the business
- Continually support the development & improvement of statistical modelling capability by developing the skills of the analysts in the team and by keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in the field of advanced analytics
- Ability to specify, design, and implement advanced statistical models for decision-making using some of the following techniques: regression, clustering, survival analysis, Monte Carlo simulation
- Good knowledge of associated technology and specialist software, from; C++, VBA, Matlab, R, Python or SAS
- Experience in presenting to and influencing senior stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Able to translate, simplify and distil complex data into business insights
- Clear understanding of how scenario-modelling can be used to deliver benefits to business
- Able to engage and collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders
- Educated to advanced degree level in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Operational Research, Economics, or similar
The role provides exceptional scope for professional development (both in-house & external training), a great 'agile’ working culture and excellent benefits (both financial & non-financial).
Apply in for full job & interview details - all applications are strictly confidential.