This is an excellent opportunity for a Production Manager to join a rapidly expanding business at one of their key manufacturing and production sites in the Coventry. They are now looking for a Production Manager to run a manufacturing team of 50 to meet challenging targets across quality, cost and on time delivery. With potential to migrate into a Plant Manager position in the future, this is an excellent opportunity for a high-calibre manufacturing candidate seeking career advancement.
The business has won employer choice awards due to their forward-thinking business model and commitment to professional development. With large-scale growth plans, the business is looking to develop the production team, wheeling out a continuous improvement plan (led by the new Production Manager) and further up-skill the Team Leaders and Supervisors who are already with the business.
Key Responsibilities for the Production Manager will include:
- Engagement of operations teams in business values and objectives
- Design and implementation of change based on data and root cause (i.e. risk assessments, root cause analysis, 5S, best in class benchmarking & reapplication)
- Monitoring and reporting CI metrics including plant efficiency, OEE, Near miss, product flow compliance
- Leading and facilitating improvement activity using Kaizen and DMAIC approach
- Lead a team of c.50 operatives and Team Leaders
- Lead workforce to deliver product on time to the customer, setting expectations of the work team to hit targets consistently.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities to improve process flows, cutting inefficiencies out of the production line and driving down takt time.
- Make necessary amendments to production schedule
- Engage, mentor and develop the team's capability
- Interpret individual and operation-based performance statistics to drive KPIs and develop Team Leaders and Operatives alike.
- Make sure procedures are compliant with standards for Quality, Environmental and H&S.
- Excellent Leadership skills with collaborative approach
- Comfortable leading a medium-large team and developing team capability
- Good knowledge of lean tools, ideally with Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments, primarily Quality and HSE
- Familiarity with implementation of SOPs, GAP analysis, time-management, employee appraisals and disciplinary action
Salary from £40,000 - £45,000 DOE + benefits