Supply Chain Specialist
My client is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to join their Procurement team within the Performance Products division, supporting all UK sites. The role will support and drive improvement in both current production and NPI activity.
- Lead the SCM team in cradle to grave project support from supplier identification, contracting strategy and programme transition from concept through to production supply.
- Meeting with Clients, internal and external, to discuss/define requirements and coordinate supply chain activities between suppliers, clients and Engineering/project teams.
- Maintain and promote relationships with clients, suppliers and the company community.
- Procurement of project goods including bespoke parts/tooling manufactured from drawing, along with design/development, and other technical services.
- Competitive bidding (RFQ), negotiating prices / added value and reporting cost-reduction achievements
- Liaising with suppliers and Engineering teams on design feasibility issues, expediting orders and agreeing concessions or return rejects
- Control spend against budget and forecasting to completion of project
- Identification & evaluation of potential supply partners (working closely with SQA).
- Negotiation, contracting, and risk evaluation of/with UK and international suppliers.
- Ownership of the end-to-end, purchase-to-pay process for projects assigned
- Coordination and Maintenance of supplier held tooling registers
- Actively supporting the company procurement & SCM community in identification & development of procurement best-practise across all business divisions.
- Take an active involvement in make vs Buy strategy in conjunction with our manufacturing teams.
- Identifying and implementing a PSL across a diverse supply chain in conjunction with operational procurement team
- Strong data management skills and IT literacy. Experience with SAP & Baan Purchasing an advantage
- Ability to work in a cross functional team including, but not limited to, Procurement/NPI/Engineering/Logistics and manufacturing.
- Attention to detail, accurate, numerically astute
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to close the deal in short time frames. Strong customer focus with a flexible approach to succeed in a fast-moving environment.
- Knowledge of BoM's, PO Processes, familiarity with technical drawings, resourceful and process good interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of contract law
- Ability to communicate well with the team, internal customers and external suppliers.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) is desirable.
- Experience working in an Engineering or manufacturing environment essential
- Demonstrates the highest integrity and ethical values in dealing with clients, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Flexible to travel within UK & overseas from time to time (Including Driving license)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75260300