Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
Our client is a multi-national business who is a supplier to some of the World’s best known Aerospace Organisations. My client is based in Coventry and currently looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join the team and hit the ground running.
Brief Description of Duties
This role will require an experienced individual capable of understanding, interpreting and communicating customer requirements and ensuring suppliers deliver Right First Time product.
Supplier Quality Engineer
- Understand & interpret Customer requirements to ensure the effective flow down to the companies suppliers.
- Understand Supplier Inspection methods.
- Ability to identify gaps in Supplier inspection methods and develop improvement plans.
- Develop defined inspection procedures and work instructions with Suppliers.
- Identify best practice inspection methodology and implement within the companies supply base.
- Conduct delegated source inspection where required.
- Support the supplier in the planning and submission of FAIR/LAIR including APQP/PPAP.
- Review the supplier’s product quality planning for compliance with the clients, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate the resolution of supplier queries, including the submission of concessions if required.
- Quality systems experience in ISO9001 / AS9100 / QS9000 and rigorous customer requirements.
- Assessment of systems and processes, including statistical techniques & capability studies.
- Clear understanding of general machining & fabrication, casting and forging manufacturing processes.
- Use of Measurement System Analysis, Gauge R&R.
- Knowledge of SPC/Process Certification
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance GD&T.
- Understanding and implementation of best practice inspection methods.
- Must have a recognized engineering qualification and /or relevant experience within an engineering environment undertaking similar activities.
- Must have a strong understanding of castings, forgings, machining and fabricated parts manufacturing processes.
- Must be experienced in RCCA & problem solving techniques such as 8D.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques, Green / Black Belt.
- Be fully conversant with general business computer based software (MS office package).
- Qualified assessor/lead assessor (ISO9000/AS9100) a distinct advantage.
- Aerospace or automotive experience will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of best practice inspection techniques.
Supplier Quality EngineerKnowledge, Experience and Qualifications