Care Assistant - Nights
We are seeking care assistants to work with one of our clients in a large residential home. However the home has a nursing floor and a residential floor – so it doesn’t seem that large! The home is family owned and the permanent staff will welcome you to the home. You will always be working as one of a pair along with one of their permanent staff. This is a happy home and we are sure you will enjoy working here.
Working with Cream Care will give you flexibility as you choose the hours and days you work each week. You just let us know each week, which nights are available and we will work with you.
By joining Cream Care you will be joining a family run company. Jenny, our boss established the agency ‘Cream’ over 40 years ago but Cream Care is Jenny’s new baby - established in 2010. Over the past seven years we have grown by respecting and working with our Care Assistants.You will be part of a team of the very best care staff who work in the best residential homes – yes, we hand pick the homes we work with to ensure they welcome our amazing care staff.
You will be treated by our team at ‘base’ with respect. We will take care of you – if we don’t take care of you then you won’t take care of the residents you will be working with! Once you are ‘on board’ you will have the opportunity to work at a number of homes in addition to this home and you will then choose to work in the homes you thrive in. You will always receive feedback at the end of your first shift in a new home.
To fit with Cream Care, and for Cream Care to fit with you, you need to consider:
- Have you a minimum of 6 months previous experience as a Care Assistant?
- Commitment – once you accept a shift you will commit to working that shift. We don’t want staff who fail to attend once a shift is accepted. If we can’t fill that shift with another member of staff it puts the staff at the home under pressure. The residents then don’t get the care they need
- Good Timekeeping – it is professional to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the shift
- Dignity – a commitment that you will treat all residents with dignity and respect
- Wide Awake! Yes, no sleeping on the job – especially on night shifts. Sounds unbelievable, but believe us – we have had staff who have tried this. Yes, they are no longer with us!
- Focus – when at work your focus is on the team you are working with and the residents you are caring for – no mobile phone in your pocket while on shift!
- Cheerful – to wow the residents and keep us happy. We love our cheerful staff poppng in to share their news with us
- Good spoken English – the residents love to chat and you will be reassuring them with little chats whilst delivering great care
- Record Keeping – you will keep all records up to date as you move from one resident to another
- DBS (the old ‘CRB’!). We hope you have signed up for the update service – if not we will apply for a DBS for you (sorry – you will have to pay £44). Once you receive your DBS we will take you through making it portable. You will then NEVER have to apply for a DBS again
- Work either full time for Cream or pick up additional shifts around your permanent job – whatever hours you are looking for Cream will work with you.
Cream Care will offer you:
- Weekly pay
- 28 days annual leave. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked
- Contract – you will be a ‘temp’. Many of our staff have been with us for 5 years, some have taken (and been paid for) maternity leave, others have found other jobs – then returned to Cream Care
- Training – free annual training updates – soon we will be taking you through the new Care Certificate
- Free Uniform
- Support – our care staff call us their ‘mentors’
- Induction – at the start of your first shift at a new home – yes, including fire procedures!
Working as a Care Assistant with Cream is all about YOU. You are the one that makes the Cream Team great!
Interested? Please give us a call or send your CV. Looking forward to hearing from you.