Senior Accessories Buyer
Futura Design Ltd - An Automotive Design and Recruitment Agency, based in the heard of the West Midlands.
We have had a fantastic opportunitybecome available for a Senior Accessories Buyer based in Gaydon and Fen End on an initial 27 week contract.
Location: West Midlands, UK
Salary / Hourly Rate: £21 - 25 per hour
Type of Contract: Contract
This role requires stakeholder engagement at many levels within the company and with external suppliers. The role will be responsible for organising a number of high value commodities, with impact across several key functions of the business. A varied skill set is required due to the specialty of the commodities being purchased. The role requires a high level of interaction internally, as well as a continual flow of high level communication with the supply base and overseas factories. The successful candidate will be responsible for enabling the purchase and supply chain of global production for specified projects through negotiated costs with suppliers and deliver class leading value to the business.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities;
- Manage strategic commodities from concept through to end of production life.
- Lead daily meetings with the customer to provide update on project progress.
- Lead discussions with different areas of the company to define requirement and gather information relevant to project.
- Coordinate with the team to raise orders to suppliers in line with the demand from customer.
- Work with part manufacturers and take appropriate action to resolve any issues which may arise.
- Engage the relevant service providers and ensure that they meet the requirements set.
- Own and update all project documents and issue reports to seniors based on set key performance indicators.
- Build, develop and grow any relationships vital to the success of the project.
The Candidate must have the relevant skills to be successful in the role;
- Strong project management, business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong buying and negotiating expertise with previous experience of a purchasing or other commercial negotiating environment - able to manage and execute complex negotiations
- Experience in supplier relationship management
- Experience in Purchasing
- Degree, CIPS or relevant equivalent experience preferred
Must be an EU Citizen to apply