Are you a proven procurement professional with experience managing a range of Engineering related service such as Fleet, Fleet Maintenance, Fuel, and Capex relating to MHE and warehouse automation systems? Fancy joining a successful, internationally established business experiencing an exciting period of growth that offers long term growth and career opportunity? Tamworth area in easy commuting distance? Then this Procurement Manager role could be right up your street!
The successful Procurement Manager will be joining a business that is currently 1 year into a 4 year integration programme following a major acquisition last year - it really is an exciting time to join as the global opportunities that will be available for successful employees are endless, not to mention you will be joining a procurement team that will allow you to truly flourish.
As Procurement Manager you will take responsibility for a multi-million pound spend that covers some of the most high profile, business critical categories on a global scale. You will be responsible for driving value from contractual agreements, sourcing the best suppliers and building outstanding relationships with your key engineering stakeholders, the primary of which is the National Fleet Manager. You will lead, coach and develop one direct report, helping them to achieve their potential and working with them to identify training &development opportunities.
To be considered for this Procurement Manager role it is expected that your CV will be able to clearly demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Proven background delivering great results in a procurement role, ideally focusing on one or more of the categories of Fleet, Fleet Maintenance, Fuel, MHE or automation / mechanisation Cap-Ex
- CIPS qualified or working toward a distinct advantage
- The ability to build excellent working relationships with challenging stakeholders
- A natural leader - even if you haven't managed people before you will have a genuine desire to take on the development of another
- Demonstrable experience of owning a category, including developing and implementing a category strategy that delivers exceptional results
- The drive and tenacity to succeed in a changing environment
In return, the successful Procurement Manager will receive a remuneration package that includes:
- Basic salary of between £45-50k
- Car or car allowance (£5,700 p/a)
- Bonus of up to 20% of basic salary
- Contributory pension (employee 3% v employer 7%)
- Private health insurance (Single or Family)
- 21 Days holiday (rising a day with each years service to a maximum of 26) + bank holidays
- Free parking
- Life Assurance of 4x salary
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website www.gleeson-rg.com for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.
To apply for this Procurement Manager position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.