Control Systems Design Engineer - UK Wide
Mobile racking, automation in the industrial racking industry - is getting bigger and bigger. The company I am working with is searching for an electrical designer to take on the responsibility of all the electrical designing duties.
Take for instance a control system - using Siemens sensors/controllers - you will design and integrate that into a system for a wide range of equipment/racking systems and automation systems - the use is endless.
The company is a global player too.. So the chances are, your work will be world wide, and you will have too communicate with their EU techs/Designer too - so you will have people to bounce ideas off.
Type of duties -
Duties to include:
- Creation and maintenance of project drawings, BOM's, specifications and component drawings
- Production of installation instructions
- Compilation of CE compliant maintenance manuals
- Interaction with internal departments and external personnel at all levels including customers, consultants, project managers, sub-contractors, suppliers & manufacturers
- Occasional site visits both within the UK and overseas
- General electrical design office tasks
- Support Group Technical programs
- Provide emergency breakdown diagnosis support to After Sales, Installations Manager and directly with customers
- Lead &/or assist as necessary with the final commissioning of major projects
- Lead work required to ensure Control Systems meet country specific requirements
- What you need to have -
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC level in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with design management/supervisory experience
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- ACAD proficient
- Flexibility, commitment, enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure
- Full clean UK driving licence
- High personal standards with the ability & desire to produce accurate work within defined timescales
- The ability to stand back from a situation and ensure that the objective is met
- Experience in a design position within the storage or metal fabrication industry with exposure to machine control logic.
- Experience of ASI & Devicenet field bus systems
Advantageous but not essential:
- Experience in a design position within the Materials Handling & Storage industry, or machine control environment and/or CAD techniques
- SolidWorks experience
- Sage200 experience