Diesel Calibration Engineer - 31820 - £3001/hr Ltd
A Diesel Calibration Engineer - Performance and Emissions is required to work for a leading automotive OEM. The position will be a long term contract role based in Gaydon, Warwickshire and is paying a rate of up to £30.01 Ltd Co per hour.
An experienced diesel calibration engineer is required to join an established team working on future engine applications and technologies.
The role involves both engine test bed and vehicle based calibration activities to optimise performance and emissions to meet both legislative and customer specific targets.
Experience in aspects of diesel combustion and emissions would therefore be highly preferable.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex combustion or emissions calibration related problems.
- Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, DIADEM, INCA, AVL Concerto, Cameo and CRETA.
- Experience of working within a calibration team and applying and improving methods, processes and engineering tools.
- Fundamental understanding of diesel engine, combustion and after-treatment operation and control theory required.
- Minimum of 2-5 years` experience in a diesel calibration team in an emissions or performance function.
- Interpretation and specification of emissions and/or after-treatment simulation data. Experience/knowledge applying Design of Experiments (DOE) tools.
- Experience in the application of model based calibrations desirable.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
please contact James Tilley for details
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75268605