Manufacturing Research Engineer
Manufacturing Systems Research Engineer
Data Analysis, Advanced Manufacturing and Optimisation Systems , Computer Science
A unique and extremely interesting Technical Research role, working for a global systems engineering brand near Coventry !
Working alongside an IT Partner you will work on a Digital Manufacturing Research project , targeted at making the company's manufacturing more effective and efficient using technologies such as IoT, Simulation and data analytics.
Manufacturing Systems Researcher -Key Responsibilities :
* Design and analyse of experiments for the evaluation of manufacturing systems alternative configurations and scheduling strategies.
* Define decision making methods for manufacturing systems design and planning.
* Assess KPI's (production rate, machines' utilization, products lead time) using discrete event simulation tools
* V&V discrete event simulation models
* Suggest solutions for manufacturing systems configuration and scheduling strategies based on the outcomes of simulation models and optimization algorithms
* Identify IP opportunities for your research
* Review and modify manufacturing systems data models (UML class diagrams, IBM Infosphere Data Architect)
* Code ancillary support (Java, C++, R, Python, Matlab) for the connection of simulation models with SQL databases
Manufacturing Systems Researcher - Key Skills :
* This is a key role that would suit either some doing a PhD in Operations Research , Computer Science or Control Engineering or you may already be in a similar role providing systems/ data analysis of manufacturing systems.
* Demonstrated capability in developing discrete-event simulations using Siemens-Plant Simulation, Lanner-Witness, Rockwell-Arena as preferred examples.
* Demonstrated capability in development of optimization algorithms
* Knowledge of modelling languages/techniques such as UML
* Knowledge of mathematical optimization techniques
A truly womderful , extremely interesting Technical Reseach position - APPLY NOW !
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75262758