Resident Support Worker Care Assistant
We are currently looking for an experienced Resident Support Worker (Care Assistant) to deliver care and support to residents at our James Beattie House Scheme in Wolverhampton. Depending on your QCF qualification or equivalent you will be rewarded with £8.54 per hour on a 28 hours per week contract.
As our Resident Support Worker (Care Assistant) you will help deliver care and support to our residents within the village in a manner that provides them with opportunities to use their abilities and enhance their quality of life that maintains their independence and privacy. Please note that this post may also include working night shifts which will be paid at a rate of an additional 50p per hour.
The duties and responsibilities of a Resident Support Worker (Care Assistant) include:
- Promote the physical, emotional and well being of our residents in all aspects of personal care for example dressing, washing, bathing, mobility assistance where necessary.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules as agreed with the resident in receipt of care or private customers.
- Administer medication.
- Completing and working to care plans and completing daily paperwork.
- Moving and handling residents.
- Be involved in providing a personalised housing related support service to older people with an assessed need which will help them to remain as independent as possible.
- Escorting residents, where it is identified in their Care Plan, to and from appointments in the Village, e.g. wellbeing, activities and entertainment, or to the entrance of the Village for external appointments
- Complete all statutory and mandatory training required to carry out this post, as defined by ExtraCare.
- To be conversant and compliant with all ExtraCare’s Policies and Procedures.
- Plus any other duties required.
To become a Resident Support Worker (Care Assistant), it is essential that you have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role (Care Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker)
- Qualified at NVQ Level 2 or QCF Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Hardworking, friendly, a good team player and flexible
This role will be subject to satisfactory DBS check, written references and Home Office right to work clearance.
Established in 1988, ExtraCare is a registered charity who support over 4,400 residents within 14 retirement villages and 17 smaller housing schemes. Supported by 3,000 volunteers and local people our mission is to give older people an independent, safe and secure future in a network of inspirational communities. Our 60 Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living in its villages and schemes.
On top of a competitive salary other great benefits include: 5.6 weeks annual leave, pension scheme, employee assistant programme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work and attendance vouchers.
If you have an enthusiastic and can do attitude and want to make a difference to people lives then please apply for the role of Resident Support Worker (Care Assistant) today.
We look forward to reviewing your application.