We are urgently looking to recruit an experienced Buyer to join our local client based in Tipton.
Reporting to the senior buyer, this role is specifically focused on procurement activities in delivering a wide range of components and processes. Working to tight deadlines and within commercial budgets, the buyer will take full responsibility for the external supply chain from supplier selection through to delivery of products and services against defined specifications to meet program requirements for new products.
- Assess and select suppliers, negotiate and purchase all required components within established budgets as well as ensuring confidentiality and contractual terms
- Work with the team and suppliers to identify the optimal manufacturing process and tooling method to deliver a quality product on budget
- Manage suppliers; ensuring components are available by due dates agreed within the project.
- Serve as primary local link between clients and suppliers for production supply chain and sourcing activities.
- Expedite and maintain blanket orders required to satisfy production schedules.
- Produce reports and statistics to track product and project purchasing cost evolution
- Evaluate supplier quotes being able to make business case recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Ability also to support general and day to day purchasing activities as and when required (order placement, material & currency reviews, cost down etc.)
- Ensure all current purchasing and supply data is kept up-to-date on the Production Control System
- Uphold the standards of TS16949 and Q1
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Hours of work will be:-
- Mon – Thur: 7.45am – 4.15pm
- Fri: 7.45am – 12.45pm
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:-
- Strong Academic background
- Purchasing or equivalent job-related experience
- CIPS (Level 3-5) Qualification (or working towards)
- Previous purchasing experience required, preferably automotive, definitely within a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of procurement principles and concepts.
- PC literate - Excel, Word and ERP Systems
- Experienced negotiator
- Capability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional work ethic and integrity.
- Good team player, ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Innovative with good analytical skills
Please note: This is a 6-12 month contract starting September to cover maternity leave.
To apply for the position of Buyer, please call Owen Payne Recruitment on 0121 500 6132 and ask for Mikey. Alternatively, please click ‘Apply’ now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75251411