Senior HR Business Partner - Retail, Central (Midlands) Region
The Retail & Services HR Team at Dixons Carphone are embarking on an exciting journey. With a new operating model in place, this role will work in partnership with the Regional Director for Carphone Warehouse, Central Region to achieve the Region’s business plan and develop, drive and implement the People plan. You will play a major part in transforming HR within Retail by ensuring that major strategic change and harmonisation projects are delivered across a fast paced and dynamic Retail business. If you have already achieved outstanding personal success in your current job and established yourself as an experienced HR Business Partner, then please apply.
- Develop and maintain trusting and effective partnerships with senior line managers, challenge their thinking and work closely with them to co-develop solutions to meet their current and future business needs
- Collaborate with and influence the HR Shared Service teams and the specialist HR Centres of Excellence to deliver the business unit people plan and to develop efficient and cost effective solutions to local challenges
- Take a lead role in the overall HR function to drive collaboration, share best practice and develop cross functional team working
- Lead, monitor and drive forward business wide talent and succession planning
- Work in partnership with the business unit, analysing trends and key metrics to understand the key performance issues, objectives and drivers, subsequently proactively driving the HR agenda.
- Coach senior managers to support them in driving performance through the development of themselves and their teams
- Evaluate and improve the impact of all strategic and local initiatives with the business, identifying and considering the need for change and facilitating the formulation of any appropriate change plans
- Deputise for the Head of HR as required.
You will need:
- Demonstrable relationship management experience at all levels, including business partnering at director level within a comparable organisation
- Demonstrable HR experience of working collaboratively across multiple sites/ teams to design and deliver business focused solutions
- Change management experience
- Experience of development and implementation of people plans in a fast paced environment
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of employment law and implementation in a commercial environment
- Flexibility as this is a field based role with significant travel, including overnight stays, across the UK & Ireland
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- CIPD qualification - desirable
- Excellent technical HR knowledge through generalist and HRBP experience and the ability to consult on the application of HR policy and processes
- Sound understanding of UK/EU employment law
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
Main Details and Responsibilities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75177049