NPI Tooling Engineer
RMS - Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a NPI Tooling Engineer on behalf of our client a Global Tier 1 Manufacturer to the automotive industry based in the Cannock area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client for over 5 years, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to 39 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
- 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Complimentary On Site parking
- Early Friday finish
Reporting directly to the Senior Tooling Manager you will work as an integral part of the business holding responsibility for supporting the development, procurement and introduction of new Tooling into the plant. You will also be support customer engineering change requests, cost down improvements & Tooling issues within the plant.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead New Tooling procurement
- Review and complete component feasibility with regards to tooling processes
- A' Layout reviews
- Tooling design reviews
- Lead tool design approval
- Ensure company tooling standards are adhered to
- Component buy-off at tool makers
- Communication and Presentations, directly with Customers and internal
- Tooling supplier monitoring and liaison
- Reporting tooling & project status
- Conduct TB01 and TB02 tooling buy off activity
- Support introduction of new tooling into Plant/Production, In Plant support when required
- Escalate issues that could potentially undermine the program
- Identify and schedule improvement opportunities
- Lead or support Engineering Changes to Die Tooling
To be considered this position you must be educated to a minimum of HNC level or have equivalent experience as well as:
- A Time served apprenticeship as a Tool Maker or Die Technician
- Extensive experience working within (BIW) Body in White, Chassis and structural panels
- Extensive knowledge of NPI projects for OEM's
- Proven background in successfully introducing tooling supported by a background in tooling
- Current driving license as travel to customer and suppliers will be required
- A valid passport with a minimum of 6 months remaining as travelling abroad for tooling buy offs will be required
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75243178