Accounts Assistant- Dudley. Immediate. 3 month temporary - permanent
Your new company
Our client is a nationalised recognised charity.
Your new role
Reporting to the Finance Manger you will be part of a small busy team processing financial transactions and reconciling ledgers. You will take responsibility for the transactions for areas of the business at any given time, but these will rotate periodically. You will be able to prioritise your work so as to ensure that transactions are processed in a timely manner and deadlines are met. You will work collaboratively with colleagues around the organisation to help meet the needs of the business, and to support understanding and implementation of finance procedures and practice. To be time management focused to ensure that the monthly reporting meets necessary deadlines, that purchase payments are made on time, and sales invoices are raised promptly etc. To demonstrate a can do attitude to your work, and operate as part of a team, both within the departments and across the wider organisation. You will be responsible for the following
Payments and Expenditure
- Process and input purchase order requests and invoices received in a timely manner, and ensure that all expenditure is authorised within the Charity's Limits of Authority
Banking and Cash
- Process cheque payments as required, but seek to manage these such that payments are transferred to Bacs wherever possible
- Raise sales ledger invoices in a timely manner, and follow up on outstanding amounts within agreed timescales.
VAT and Gift aid
- Maintain the integrity of VAT records and complete quarterly returns to HMRC for review and approval.
Fixed Assets and Stock
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register on no less than a monthly basis.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have two/three year proven experience in transactional accounting and be either AAT/ studier or qualified by experience. Knowledge of accounting systems and excel to pivot table/V lookup levels is necessary
What you'll get in return
You will be offer competitive salary and the opportunity of a permanent position if successful
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.