Head of Store Development
Zachary Daniels are recruiting for a Head of Store Development to join a market-leading convenience retailer. You will lead the store and category design team to ensure that macro and micro planning delivers effective store format designs and planograms which maximise sales and profitability for stores.
- To be fundamental in shaping the store design strategy for the business in line with Company objectives and to lead and drive the implementation.
- Oversee the store design budget, ensuring this is not exceeded.
- Develop, implement and utilise tools to ensure that all relevant head office, supplier and market data is used to design store formats and planograms which ensures correct category mix and spacing.
- Ensure the estate has effective planograms which maximise franchisee sales and profitability.
- Develop the sign off process for all new store and revamp designs identifying and engaging the relevant people that will require input and formulating a structure and process which facilitates this.
- Own the sign off process ensuring this is completed within a timely manner.
- Manage the on-site works schedule during all store refits involving contractors, suppliers and head office teams to ensure the work is completed on time, to the correct standard and specification and ensuring the health and safety of everyone on site. Ensure the franchisee's satisfaction at the end of the process.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of all store design work which demonstrates the retailer's and the company's return on investment.
- Keep abreast of all industry developments and trends making recommendations to the Marketing team about changing needs and equipment innovation.
- Develop and manage relationships with equipment suppliers for the benefit of the Company and franchisees, responsible for negotiating terms relating to equipment costs, instalment, maintenance and company revenue.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant departments are kept informed of store and category design activity and objectives.
- Report on relevant competitor activity.
- Assist the Company in all efforts to understand their current and potential customer base.
- Role model excellent customer service and ensure this is replicated throughout the team.
- Be responsible for continuous process improvement within your team
- Ensure the store and category design team is effectively resourced, directed motivated and developed enabling them to reach their full potential for both individual and Company benefit.
- Significant experience working in a senior store/ category design role
- Experience of leading and managing a team remotely and being able to drive productivity and motivation from the team
- Ability to use own initiative
- Experience of developing departments plan and strategies with a track record of delivering results
- Up-to-date understanding of store design methods and techniques is required
- Experience of owning and driving continual process improvements
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD in a fast moving retail environment
- Strong convenience background (small store format and larger stores approx. 4000 sq. ft)
- High levels of accuracy with good attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Able to influence and negotiate with suppliers on behalf of the Company
- Excellence presentation skills
- Good planning, organising and time management skills are
- Self-motivated to be able to work in an independent field based role delivering results
- Flexible and versatile, willing to learn new skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- An openness to continual change
- A team player
If the job fits the bill for you, and you have the requisite experience, please apply with an up-to-date CV and we'll be in touch to discuss the opportunity in more detail.