Working with one of the UK’s leading commercial fine art organisations and reporting to the Creative Director, the role requires the ability to manage and develop artists within the portfolio. A background or interest in art is preferred and this must be allied to a keen commercial understanding.
The individual should possess both good interpersonal skills, and have a natural ability to influence and negotiate with the artists. You will be inspirational, motivational and enthusiastic both about our portfolio of artists and in your management of their work and schedules.
You will help facilitate the sales, by participating in solo artist exhibitions events to assist in promoting the artists and taking an active part in selling their work.
You will manage your own portfolio of artists, coordinating their production and ensuring prompt and timely submission of their work. You will liaise and manage the marketing for your artists as well as assisting in developing their brand not only internally but externally; ensuring that key facts and important information on artists is circulated appropriately to our gallery teams. You will also help to manage the schedules of the artists, assisting them to plan their activities during the year.
You will be determined and target focused, able to work to tight deadlines and get results within a fast-moving, commercially diverse working environment.
Key Technical Skills:-
- Fine Art Degree or relevant industry experience
- Strong Numeric and Linguistic Ability (GCSE Maths and English)
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent organisational & problem solving skills
- Excel -Able to develop, use and maintain, spreadsheets, good level of formatting and basic formulae knowledge (sum and percentages)
- Powerpoint ( able to design presentations using Powerpoint )
- Word (able to create and amend Word documents. Create Reports, write letters and use tables. )
- Full Drivers Licence
Key Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent relationship manager
- Target Orientated
- Strong team-working skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Influencing skills