Senior Consultant - Construction/Building Works
You will be required to deliver a range of specialist construction related healthcare commissions, like Capital Works Projects, large scale refurbishments or fitouts using specialist skills such as; programme and project management, option appraisal, business cases, and other strategic estates related services to our healthcare clients.
• Contribute to the achievement of the Health business plan through fee earning to set annual targets.
• Maintain and develop existing relationships with our clients and ensure that customer-focused high quality services are maintained. Develop strong, partnering relationships with client personnel in order to challenge and influence their thinking.
• Manage the planning and delivery of all projects, to ensure that schemes are delivered to exceed expectations and are completed on time, and within budget.
• Manage the manpower resource of a project team to ensure profitable business and sustainable client relationships are achieved.
• Design, plan and deliver meetings, presentations and workshops that engage client personnel and deliver project objectives.
• Recognised external accreditation/qualification aligned to either healthcare or project management.
• Corporate Membership of a relevant professional institution.
• Experience in working in the NHS, other Government Departments, a construction related profession or in a consultancy environment.
• Demonstrable understanding of the full estate investment lifecycle in the NHS, from planning to commissioning.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of UK health policies, systems, structures and health care service delivery concepts.
• Experience of engaging with senior management of a healthcare organisation and/or clinical staff.
• Proven track record in the development of business cases for the NHS, including PID, SOC, OBC and FBC, plus knowledge of the approval processes and approving bodies for NHS business cases.
• Proven track record in the planning and design of healthcare facilities and experience of developing estates strategy proposals.