Bar and Waiting Apprentice - Premium Country Pubs - Woodmans Rest - Birmingham
A Fantastic Opportunity:
Apprentices have the unique opportunity to develop their Hospitality skills and knowledge, throughout a 12 month structured training programme, whilst taking on an entry level, full time position, at Premium Country Pubs.
With our Bar and Waiting Apprenticeship you will achieve a Level 2 in Food and Beverage Service or Level 2 in Food Service if you're under 18.You will receive training to enhance your communication and service skills to become a valuable team member delivering the best customer service.
So from serving our regulars at the bar to making sure your workplace is running safely and smoothly, you will be covered!
To deliver great guest service and work well with the team to create a friendly, warm and welcoming environment with the key aim ensuring our guests revisit us and recommend us to their family and friends.
Responsibilities included in this role:
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Greeting and seating guests
• Working effectively as part of a Hospitality team
• Keeping the workplace hygienic and safe by undertaking various cleaning tasks Running food from the kitchen
• Learning from more experienced Team Members how to work/run a busy section
• Listening and taking instruction from others in busy periods
• Serving food at the table
• Serving alcoholic (over 18's only) and soft drinks
• Keeping up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and licensing laws
• Getting involved with the team and contribute at all team meetings
• Carrying out instructions as given by Management and Head Office
16-17 years old - £4.00 an hour
18-20 years old - £5.00 an hour
21+ years old - £6.00 an hour
Personal Qualities :
• Keen to develop your skills in the Hospitality sector
• An enthusiasm to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Ability to seek assistance when dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays – this is a MUST in any Hospitality role
Skills Required :
• Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication skills and listening skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team
Future Prospects :
Ongoing training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided :
Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage Service
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
Other Information :
• Earn while you learn in a job you can be passionate about
• Gain a nationally recognised qualification
• Receive support throughout your apprenticeship
• Gain additional skills through enhanced learning opportunities
• Enjoy fantastic career opportunities
• Be part of a fun and exciting brand!
• Enjoy 33% employee discount at Mitchells & Butlers brands & high street shopping discounts
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Pension Scheme
Things to consider :
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75193710