Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) - City of Wolverhampton Council
I am currrently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) to work for the City of Wolverhampton Council
- To assist the Senior Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) in various buildings to include attendance to emergency call-outs, out of normal working hours, assisting with the planning, preparation and implementation of the Council’s repair (planned and emergency’s), maintenance and various clients capital maintenance, including design work.
- Support the planning of yearly works programmes to meet corporate and client requirements and to ensure that all statutory requirements are complied with such as energy, gas, combustion equipment, water, heating, legionella, Asbestos, lift inspections and that compliance is maintained in accordance with the current health and safety regulations where appropriate.
- To be actively involved in the monitoring and managing the Legionella, water testing programme, and implement rectification works, when any issue of a positive result or risk is identified, through the existing City Council’s recording and monitoring system.
Normal Working Hours:-
A 37 hour week is the normal working hours, times according to the need of the business and following the Collective Agreement.
Out of normal working hours emergency call-outcover: -
The post holder will be required to attend emergency callout and to address maintenance and repairs that are unable to be done during the weekday, as it is a fundamental requirement of the job.
PRINCIPLE TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To undertake the effective maintenance and fault correction of heating, ventilation, cooling, water, gas, solar thermal, photovoltaics cells and associated control equipment. This will include day to day meeting with the Customer and clients located on the various sites from Senior Management/ Head Teachers and governors to the general public. With the ability to be able to explain the complex operation of the systems/ plant and its detailed operation and control.
- Daily inspection of ventilation, full air conditioned plant, across the Civic Centre
The successful candidate must hold the below Qualifications :
Either a JIB graded Electrical PHMES Technician or equivalent engineering graded equivalent.
Or NVQ, Level 4, or equivalent experience by demonstration of ability in building services.
L 8 Responsible person training.
Certification Scheme approved qualification in commercial gas work.
Substantial period of relevant experience of this type of heating and ventilation maintenance.Coupled with extensive experience of fault finding on building services systems including controls.Interpretation of drawings and specifications. Ability to maintain site diary. Knowledge of contract procedure.
Be an expert in the field of BMS controls, combustion and ventilation systems.
- Extensive technical and specialist experienced knowledge of complex commercial building heating and ventilation systems.
- Ability to work alone unsupervised.
- Ability to use initiative to prevent a building from closing if at all possible.
If you have the required experience, and are interested in this role, please click to apply.