The role will be providing a broad range of accounting support to this values driven, public sector business.
My client is a values driven, Public Sector business based in Coventry looking for a Finance Manager with a great breadth and depth of experience to join their small, friendly team.
This role is broad in scope and will involve budget planning, following procurement procedures and ensuring value for money is achieved across the business, and therefore any innovative ideas from the successful candidates will be welcomed. You must also ensure month end processes and balance sheet reconciliations are carried out, and assist the Director of Business and Finance with monthly management reports.
Furthermore, this role will also involve recording and monitoring VAT, the production of statutory returns and the production of financial accounts for the business. This would be alongside other smaller duties including ensuring the accounting system is used to its full potential and responding to any ad hoc requests and queries.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be studying towards an accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA) or have equivalent experience - essential
- Have sound budget monitoring experience - essential
- Have excellent communication skills, and therefore be able to provide advice and guidance, and be able to effectively support managers - essential
- Have the ability to analyse financial data and provide sound financial management advice - essential
- Be able to follow the relevant rules and regulations without question - essential
- Have a knowledge of working within education - desirable
This role is offering £25,000 - £31,000 dependent on experience with significant other benefits.