Role - Purchasing Manager (Automotive Manufacturing)
We have an exciting new role for a Group Purchasing Manager to join a World Class leading Automotive Manufacturing Company who specialise in Aluminium Welding, Presswork and Welded Assembly.
You will be responsible for leading the Purchasing department, specifically direct and indirect commodities and managing a small but highly productive team of Direct and Indirect Buyers (x3), a Purchasing and Costing Engineer and Technical Engineer.
Role - You will
- Manage the purchasing department covering direct and indirect commodities.
- Be responsible for 3 commodity buyers, purchasing costing engineer & supplier technical assistance engineer.
- Deliver KPI's tracking on commodity savings/ cost avoidance for group companies.
- Supply chain management and interactions with MPL at each group sites.
- NPI Management of suppliers.
- Optimise supplier QCD.
- Develop strategies that strengthen the quality of relationship with the supply base by identifying opportunities to continuously improve the effectiveness of communications, training and supplier relationship building activities.
- Identify budget requirements to support weekly group management meetings.
- Manage outsource due to manufacturing capacity constraints and track monthly actual / forecast costs.
- Attendance of project feasibilities where necessary.
- Attend manufacturing sites weekly and monthly financial reviews.
- General administration of purchase orders/RFQ's.
- Any other ad-hoc duties deemed necessary to assist the purchasing department/supply chain.
- You must be a proven Purchasing Manager within Manufacturing
- You will have experience direct and indirect commodities
- You must have experience working in a Manufacturing Environment ideally in Automotive
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment
Send your CV now for an immediate response.
Salary: Circa £45,000 - 55,000 +
Benefits: Car and Bonus and Health Care and Pension
Commutable from: Coventry, Redditch, Wolverhampton, TamworthWhite Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75268905