This global manufacturing business is looking to appoint a confident new UK Accountant to oversee the provision of financial analysis, financial reporting and statutory accounts for the head office based just outside Birmingham City Centre.
Under the guidance of the FD and managing a team of 4 direct reports, you will prepare statutory financial accounts for the UK business (UK GAAP) as well as providing monthly management reports to the parent company (US GAAP). You will also be tasked with improving and streamlining processes in relation to controls (specifically for the AP, AR, Payroll and Management Accounts functions) as well as working with senior non-finance managers to help improve understanding of key financial performance drivers and running more efficient / effective budgets and projects.
Furthermore, you will be encouraged to initiate and run projects designed to increase improve processes / procedures / performance and improve the quality of the management information provided to the Group, operational staff and parent company - in line with the 'continual improvement’ culture of this progressive business.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a CIMA or ACCA qualified candidate with some relevant experience within another large business, and sound technical accounting skills (UK GAAP)
- Have proven experience of managing a large team, in particular helping to improve efficiencies in processes in your area
- Have good examples of when you have built relationships with senior management (non-finance) and of helping to drive performance improvement via effective business partnering
- Have an attitude of constantly trying to improve things, and of adding value to the operations of a business from a financial perspective
- Any experience of SOX compliance or US GAAP whilst by no means essential, would be a distinct advantage
In return, you will:
- Step up into a senior management position role with real responsibility, and a unique opportunity to be heavily involved in the strategic and commercial operations of a thriving business
- Enjoy great opportunities to develop and progress your career in a large, global business whilst still enjoying the variety and day-to-day involvement of technical accounting and effectively managing a large team
- Receive excellent benefits and a market-leading salary
This is an ideal opportunity for any emergent, aspiring and talented qualified Accountants to enjoy a unique opportunity of joining a huge business with the opportunity to add real value and make beneficial changes / improvements to a large business.