Lead Nurse - Infection Prevention and Control
I am recruiting for a Lead Nurse within Infection Prevention and Control – this is an interim assignment between 3-6 months. The client would consider applications from band 8a or band 8b level.
- The post holder will be expected to take the lead in developing and implementing the Trust’s infection prevention and control strategy;
- Provide expert clinical practice and leadership for infection prevention and control across the Trust. Working closely with the Director of IPC (DIPC) and Heads of Nursing to prevent and control the transmission of communicable diseases and health care associated infections;
- The post will responsible for developing individual roles and acting as a point of contact for advice and expertise on all matters relating to professional nursing issues with regards to IPC;
- Work strategically in partnership within other local NHS organisations, non-NHS organisations, and the local authorities, with independent contractors and the public to facilitate the implementation of best practice in relation to IPC;
- To provide evidence-based interventions internally within the organisation, and externally to partner organisations, advise on, and develop IPC policies and strategies for protecting health in conjunction with the Director of IPC.
The successful candidate:
- Registered Nurse on the appropriate part of the NMC register and hold a current NMC registration (to be maintained);
- An accredited teaching qualification and relevant portfolio of teaching experience;
- An accredited Infection Control qualification e.g. ENB 329;
- Significant post registration experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75276966