Technical Support Analyst - WINTEL
Our client, a professional IT Services company, is looking for a technical support analyst. The company provides professional IT support services to businesses across the UK and Ireland.
Your primary role will be to provide 1st & 2nd line technical support to the company’s customers. This will include IT infrastructure support both remotely and on-site. You will also be tasked with installing and supporting IT solutions and liaising with third-party suppliers to resolve customer problems.
The key personal characteristics needed for this role include:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with customers and vendors with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
• Ability to form strong relationships with customers, ensuring customer service is a high priority at all times.
• Flexible and adaptable (e.g. be prepared to travel in UK and be prepared to work outside of standard office hours).
Technical skills needed for this role include:
• 1st / 2nd line IT Infrastructure support experience
• Knowledge and understanding of IT technologies:
o MS Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008 / 2012 & Small Business Server 2008/2012)
o Linux operating systems (e.g. Redhat, Suse, Fedora, Ubuntu)
o Anti-virus solutions (e.g. McAfee, Symantec, Trend, ESET)
o Backup solutions (e.g. Veritas Backup Exec, Arcserve Backup / Arcserve UDP )
o Microsoft Office applications
o Experience of Virtualisation technologies would be advantageous (e.g. VMWare ESXi / vCenter, HyperV)
o Experience of Microsoft Active Directory & Microsoft Exchange server administration
o Barracuda Networks appliances would be advantageous (Spam Filter, Web Filter, Load balancer, SSL VPN)
An understanding of project management and service delivery processes is also required for this role.
A good telephone manner and troubleshooting skills are imperative for this role.
In return you will get to work for a dynamic and enthusiastic company which has a generous benefits package and a generous approach to training and career development.
Salary: £18,000-to-£25,000 (dependent on experience)