Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner - Water Supply Pipe and Customer Deployment Centre
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join our team in Walsall. You'll be providing support to the Head of Water Supply Pipe and Customer Deployment Centre in all commercial decision making. Working with the management team, you will look to drive performance improvement across all the key metrics (financial and operational) and play a key supporting role in developing the 5 year business plans and strategy.
Duties to include:
- Responsibility for producing the forecast, with appropriate tracking to actual and MI, and reporting/explaining variances as appropriate and producing the annual budget.
- Producing a suite of reports that will support the performance of the business and clearly explain the performance of the function and work with the business areas to ensure that we understand all of the key drivers for the forecast and have robust tracking in place to control variances.
- By working with internal partners to drive profitable solutions and improvements to new and existing products and processes. You will also look to maintain and develop key relationships with the business area and the other parts of the business to ensure our strategy remains aligned. Don't be afraid to challenge the 'status quo' across all areas of the business!
- Ensure that MI production is clear, concise and clearly explains performance and the develop sound commercial analysis based upon key KPI's. In addition, develop, monitor and review trends in performance to ensure the business continues to make the right decisions
- Assist the collation and production of appropriate risk activities, both financial and non-financial for the operating unit and understand and implement the needs and requirements of a regulated entity and the focus and drive on clear, appropriate controls to support the business area.
As an experienced Finance professional with a proven track record in a business partnering role, you'll have:
- Strong commercial finance experience, in a similar fast paced environment, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Proven ability to work in cross functional teams. Is able to proactively challenge, influence and gain alignment
- Experience of working with and influencing stakeholders at a Senior level
- Qualified accountant (part)
Ideally, you'll have experience of working within an FCA regulated environment, and working in a service related environment. Knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion/ or similar and ability to learn new systems is advantageous.
What We Offer
You'll get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, car/car allowance, pension scheme, bonus, free HomeServe Cover 8 policy, benefits portal and awards scheme, onsite Costa Coffee with subsidised restaurant, free onsite parking, a relaxed dress code and the opportunity to be involved in a variety of charitable/volunteer work.
You'll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You'll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers' lives.
Could you be who we're looking for?
It's our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
This is an exciting time to join HomeServe. We've been named as the third best place to work in the UK by Glassdoor, based solely on the input of our People. Glassdoor also placed HomeServe as one of the top three companies in the UK for maintaining a good work life balance. We've also been recognised as the 'Most improved company in the UK for Customer satisfaction in the services sector' in surveys by the Institute of Customer Service.
To learn more about our People, careers and the benefits of working at HomeServe, visit https://www.homeserve.com/uk/careers-hub. You can also learn more about HomeServe on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and check us out on Glassdoor.co.uk!
HomeServe is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and we are also happy to discuss flexible working for all of our jobs.
Only agencies on our PSL can provide us with CVs when instructed by our in-house recruitment team. We therefore are not in a position to accept any speculative CVs from agencies who are not on our PSL. If we become aware of unsolicited CVs being sent to us we will accept these as direct applications and process accordingly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75258202