Production Support Engineer
Production Support Engineer – Plastic Injection Moulding – Automotive Manufacturing
A Production Support Engineer/Manufacturing Support Technician is required for a global, leading tier one automotive components manufacturer. This is a newly created role to provide production assistance within a plastic injection moulding environment.
Midlands Based Commutable from - Cannock, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Dudley, Telford, Tamworth, Walsall, West Bromwich, Burton on Trent, Birmingham
Competitive Salary + Exceptional Benefits + Generous Holiday Entitlement
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the Production Support Engineer will provide technical guidance in the areas of factory layout, equipment procurement, machine optimisation and fault finding.
- Previous relevant work experience within an automotive tier one
- A thorough understanding of machining capabilities and limitations coupled with experience of designing layout of facilities and ergonomics.HNC/HND/ONC level (or equivalent) in
- Engineering, emphasis on plastic techniques/Polymer Science or completion of a technical apprenticeship
- Plastic Injection Moulding manufacturing experience is a must for this role. Design of injection moulding tools is also highly desirable.
- A knowledge of automotive quality management systems QS-9000, ISO 9001 or VDS 6.1 is advantageous.
- Desirable personal attributes include; problem solving, practical, hands on, ability to use initiative, work well under pressure and take ownership of tasks.
- Develop modern production engineering techniques including advanced product quality planning.
- Effectively plan the layout of moulding and assembly areas ensuring optimum efficiency.
- Setting, evaluating and reviewing production targets.
- Support, review and update PFMEA.
- Effectively improve and optimize processes to reduce cost, increase yield and improve quality.
- Monitor processes and machines, closing them down if quality and procedures are not compliant.
- Record all actions modifying the Preventative Maintenance Plan as necessary.
Apply in Confidence
Tom is an ethical recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Tom and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2653 TG
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.