Area Sales Manager-Environmental Testing
Area Sales Manager
In am proud to be working with the largest Manufacturer of Environmental Testing equipment.
The position is field based taking full, day to day responsibility for achieving agreed sales targets for the companies’ products within, but not necessarily limited to, the designated UK geographical area.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide at their own expense a suitable work space either within their own home or other suitable location agreed with the company, which will provide a safe and efficient working environment.
The role will report directly to the General Sales & Marketing Manager (Industrial).
Hours of work are primarily 9:00am to 5:00pm but extended hours will be required as is normal practise in a field sales role in order to fulfil the objectives.
- Operate the designated sales area (to be defined but generally Midlands) and respond in a timely manner to incoming day to day sales enquiries from that sales area.
- Achieve the agreed individual sales target for the year whilst maximising profit and also assist in achieving the overall sales team target.
- Provide the company with clean orders.
- Maintain and improve market share in the designated sales area.
- Operate within the sales department’s expenditure budget and reduce costs where possible.
- In consultation with the line manager suggest and implement improvements where necessary.
- Ensure targets and deadlines are achieved.
- Provide the line manager with regular accurate sales forecast information for the sales area.
- Provide the line manager with feedback on current market trends, marketing and promotional needs.
- Maintain an up to date record of activity within the standard company procedures.
- Provide the line manager with statistical reports when requested.
- Proactively promote the company and products wherever possible.
- Assist the line manager in the preparation of sales promotion data, presentation material and seminars as when required.
- Generate quotations and write technical specifications for customised offers within the company guidelines.
- Articulate in both written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to relate easily with customers at all levels.
- A mature personality that inspires confidence.
- Have administrative capability to enable working relatively independent of the company.
- Professional selling ability, probably gained over several years’ experience.
- Well groomed.
- Proactive, creative and self-motivated.
- After training and a familiarisation period, able to work under own initiative without constant supervision.
- Eager to achieve individual and team targets.
- Ideally resident in the Midlands/ East Midlands area.
Desirable Experience & Characteristics
- Probably educated to minimum HNC level in an engineering subject.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of selling capital equipment ideally within the materials test or environmental test industry. Automotive test systems experience highly desirable either in sales or operational.
- Literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ideally some experience or knowledge of environmental test chambers or refrigeration systems but more importantly the ability to digest and retain technical information quickly.
- Clean driving license.
- Current passport.
- Ability to travel in the UK and occasionally overseas with overnight stays if required.
- A good timekeeper, trustworthy and reliable.
- The successful candidate would ideally be able to start within one month of any offer.
Basic Salary negotiable depending on experience but typically starting in the £40-42k basic bracket with incremental increases above inflation as experience grows.
On target team sales bonus after qualifying period. Currently in operation but not guaranteed to continue.
A work place pension scheme is in operation.
Life insurance cover, equivalent to 3 x annual basic salary after 6 months qualifying period.
Twenty-six days’ paid annual holiday to be taken by agreement.
Company car provided, also available for private use. Private fuel not included.
Laptop PC and desk monitor.
Mobile phone for company use.
Office equipment as required.
Meal allowance whilst travelling on qualifying company business.
Full product/sales training will be provided in the UK and in Germany.